If your machine is no longer accepting quarters or payments through ShinePay, follow the troubleshooting guide below.
The first step is to determine whether there is an issue with your laundry machine or your ShinePay Spark. There are two methods for determining this.
Method 1 - Physically remove the ShinePay Spark from your machine by following the steps below.
Step 1. Unplug the coin mechanism from the Spark then plug the coin mechanism back into the machine to confirm if the machine is accepting quarters without ShinePay. (Follow this video guide).
Question: Did the quarter register when placed in the machine?
- Solution 1: If the machine did register the coin your ShinePay Spark is defective, please submit an RMA to request a replacement.
- Solution 2: If the machine did not register the coin something is defective with your machine, please contact your distributor or laundry repair professional.
Method 2. Use the ShineTech App to troubleshoot the issue.
Step 1. Open the ShineTech app and scan for the Spark
Question: Is the machine ID of the Spark in question listed in the scan view?
- Solution 1: If the machine ID is listed in the scan view thisconfirms the Spark has power, the Bluetooth signal is active and the phone can communicate with the Spark. The problem is related to one of the 4 issues below.
- Issue 1. The Spark is not properly connected to the machine. To ensure your Spark is properly connected to the machine, please view our installation guides.
- Issue 2. The wrong type of Spark was installed. Please submit an RMA to request an exchange.
- Issue 3. The machine is not configured to accept coins. Please consult the machine's operating manual to program your machine to accept coins. Machines should be configured to accept coin with $0.25 denomination.
- Issue 4. The Spark is plugged into the wrong coin input. Many times machines have multiple coin inputs, please confirm the Spark is plugged into the coin input that matches the one you have configured on the machine. This input is typically coin input 1 (unless configured otherwise) and it should match the coin input that the coin mechanism was plugged into if applicable.
- Solution 2: If the machine ID is not listed in the scan view this indicates a defective Spark or the Spark is not properly connected to the machine. To ensure your Spark is properly connected to the machine, please view our installation guides. If the Spark is defective please submit an RMA to request a replacement.